Little Ben sick with pneumonia and Connor to feed, both mother and father needed to be freed.
And family converging from Georgia and Virginia too I was ever so glad we had enough booze for the crew.
Snow had been falling only days before and that's just what we needed...a longer list of chores. Shovel the walkway, carve out a path, please get it all done then give both boys a bath.
The baths were given one by one. And surly after dad thought he was done. When down in the kitchen he heard mother exclaim..."Conner needs another bath... he threw up again."
Into the tub a second time we flew to wash up his chin ad other parts too. Nothing like Christmas puke I say, but we lived to fight another day.
Up early next morning with breathing treatments to give, then off to soccer camp full of 20 little kids. Kids of all sizes wanting different stuff. Keeping them interested...now that was rough. Three hours straight one game after another. Thankfully help was there with Richie and brother.
Home after that as mom and dad came. They were there in a flash and then gone again. They saw the baby, they kissed the boys then left in the Volvo with presents and toys. And Sam in his soccer clothes me in my jeans we played in the snow and built a fort fit for a king.
The next morning I woke. Up in a flash. Got ready for camp and my car crash. Driving into work which was nice. I never noticed that patch of ice. Crashed into the back of something so heavy. To my surprise it was a Chevy. Her car was fine and she was too. Mine on the other hand needed lots of glue. Policemen, street cleaners, on lookers were there. To watch me stand with hands on my hair. "How could this happen?" I asked myself. Needing, hoping and looking for some Audi Elves. Please oh please put my car back together I say. But the insurance company just replied..."nay."
So here we are now one day before Christmas. One car, two kids and still lots of wishes. On mother on father on Connor on Ben. Off to Wal Mart for shopping again. We need this and that and whole lot of other. Now is the time when I need the brothers.
Most of all as this day draws near the Freakley Family wishes you Christmas Cheer! It is not presents or toys that we need to please us. We wish Merry Christmas to all and happy birthday Baby Jesus!
A toast to the new year as well and all it will bring. Probably more pregnancy for us, now that's a sure thing. Good day and good night as I now sign off. To go wipe more baby baby butts and Christmas puke with a cloth.
No comments:
Post a Comment