Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I'M OFF AGAIN! ... AND AN UPDATE.

I guess I'll start with today (Wednesday) since I have more crazy news: 

B III, baby Ben (not husband Ben) has strep throat...at 8 months old! Poor little fella. I feel great knowing I brought it home to him too :(  -guess that is the bad thing about my job-   Yes, it is possible, just very rare. Usually it is unheard of until the age of 2! I felt stupid bringing him to the doctor today. All I had to show for it was a temp, that had FINALLY broken once we got there, so then mom nurse Melissa really felt stupid bringing what she thought was a totally healthy baby to the doctor! I called to make an appointment for Friday (with the intention of cancelling if the fever stopped), but the nurse said it would be best if I brought him...good thing I did. You wouldn't have ever guessed he was sick other than the temp. He is happy, playing, eating, just had a temp! And I knew it was not his ears because I had one of the ER docs check that a few days before when he was cutting that darn top tooth that had given him a temp last Friday. Anyway, enough with that story...actually no. I have one more thing to add: today, after I gave him his first dose of amoxicillin, I spilled the rest of the prescription on the floor because I was holding him. I could have cussed! Good thing it is a cheap one because now I have to pay out of pocket for a second one. That, by the way, the doctor had to call in because the pharmacy would not refill it because it was a no refill prescription! Like I'm going to bother OD-ing my kid on amoxicillin...all it would do is give him more diarrhea then he is already going to get, why would anyone want to put up with kahki-rhe-rhe?

Next story:

The boys had a fun filled weekend together while I worked. The weather was so nice that they spent the time outside, going on walks and runs and playing in the park! How cute. Wish I could have been there too!  Just look at the cute pics daddy took! Dad put him in Barcelona kit and he sported that around town looking like a champ. The next dat daddy put him in another soccer outfit that one of my college roomies/teammates from England- Camilla-sent him. Dad topped it off with a cute hat with the bill flipped up...just pimpin' it! 

On Monday, our sitter hat an unexpected funeral in North Carolina, so Ben didn't go to work until later in the day and just Brought The Booter with him...another day of fun with the 2 of them! 

And good thing he waiting until now to get sick! Seriously!  I cannot believe he is sick! Right now he is jumping harder then ever in his little jumper thing! He is crazy, I thought I was going to luck out and actually had a baby that would sleep now that he is sick...think again! Anyway, ya. I'm glad I am off. I would have been sick to my stomach if I was at work with a sick baby that I dumped of at a sitters. Even if he is acting normal.

SEE PICS BELOW FOR THE STORIES!!!

No comments: