Our big trip is finally here! Actually, I do not think that I have yet spoken of it on the blog...it is hard enough to blog about the past, let alone what we are going to be doing in the future! Oh, but yes, we are taking a long trip to Spain! Little Ben gets to meet all of his Spanish Tios and Primos! Hopefully he will come back saying at least one word in Spanish. My mm is over there and that is where here entire side of the family is from. And not just Spain, but Mallorca-an island in the Mediterranean Sea. (Not a bad place to have family). So we will be going to lots of amazing beaches with my wonderful family, (a lot like the French's but slighly smaller), staying in the city and then staying at an Aunts beach house part of the time...plus eating awesome food!
Honestly I've been a bit apprehensive about the the "getting over there" so stressed about it that it has almost taken all the excitement from going. You see, I get to go alone with just Little Ben. A little Ben that hates being held, especially now that he is walking. I contemplated doing something that I thought I would never do-the drug your child with benadryl so they will sleep the whole flight. I even did a little trial run at home last week. Ha! Ya like that was going to work, most kids get the opposite effect-they get hyper. Well, not this kid. He became EVIL! I gave it to him before a normal nap time to see how long he would sleep (not any longer) and he woke up with the devil in him, flayling (is that a word?, if not is sure is now!) his arms, kicking his legs, pushing away from me, rolling around on the ground making this growling crying sound half awake in a stupor for FOUR treacherous hours! I tried it another time (before the evil episode) and I swear he was hallucinating. He even walked into a glass door and fell, and it didn't even phase him!
So I decided to go the other route: dress your kid super cute so everyone will say he is just sooo adorable, and feel bad for his pregnant mother if he fusses and offer to help : ). I will let you know how it turns out!
Daddy Ben meets us over there on the 1st of August and we are going to miss him so much and cannot wait for him to come. Then we all come back on the 9th.
I will do my best to blog from abroad. I'm pretty sure I will be able to pull up the site and do it, so stay posted!
On another note, Marmie has been here for the past four days babysitting. And as you can see below they had no much fun playing together! Thank you so much for baby sitting Marmie! I love you : )
Getting pushed around the house:
1 comment:
Safe Travels! I wish you luck on the plane! I can't wait to see pictures.
- Haley
Post a Comment